- Shannon Brawley, Executive Director of the Rhode Island Nursery and Landscape Association;
- Dr. Nancy Carriuolo, President of RI College;
- Roland Fiore, President of South County Sand & Gravel Co., Inc.
- Jason Kelly, Executive Vice President of Moran Shipping Agencies; and
- George Nee, President of the Rhode Island AFL-CIO and an existing Board member.
The nominees remain subject to confirmation by the RI Senate. Chaffee's nominees expired last year because the state Senate never held confirmation hearings before adjourning.
While the position of Executive Director remains vacant, and the nominees remain unconfirmed, it may be difficult for the RIEDC to move forward with its mission to create jobs and help companies expand and relocate to RI. Let's hope that politics will be set aside soon so that the RIEDC can get back to work itself.